Saturday, December 17, 2011

Bread

This has been a week of not hearing back.  Not from HR department, midwifery director, and a close friend I haven't spoken with in a while.  3 strikes.  I know they move slowly in NZ, clearly that's already been a challenge for me.  I want to submit the work visa application.  Can't do that until I have form INZ-1113 filled out by HR, which clearly is not yet done.  Once that's in (overnight via Fed Ex with return overnight envelope included to the NZ embassy in DC with my actual passport), it takes around 10 business days for them to process it.  Assuming, of course, there are no issues with the application.  Which there shouldn't be, but I'm not buying that plane ticket until the visa is in my hands.
Not hearing back from a close friend is no big deal usually.  I can be the same way, usually when I'm feeling down---sort of a self-perpetuating misery--I feel down, don't get back to people, they get annoyed/upset which validates my feeling bad about myself.  Interesting, as it's one reason for the blog---I know quite well that I'll stink at keeping in touch by email, I'm not up for facebook or tweeting my life.  I want to keep in touch with people without the pressure of individual responses, rewriting versions of the same email to 15 people, or doing a 'group' mailing to the whole list.  I don't read those, wouldn't want to subject friends to one from me.

I meant this to be about my recent bread baking activity.  It's soothing, and very satisfying, to make bread from scratch.  I love Chef John.  foodwishes.blogspot.com. No-knead ciabatta bread.

Next up, my trapeze school experience.  Hopefully with photos!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic bread it was indeed!
    Wondering whether a blog is some sort of a group email. Maybe. Then again, it is more like an open diary. The cool thing: people can respond. So here we go.

    ReplyDelete