Thursday, December 8, 2011

One step closer

Saw Dr D today and finally finished up the medical paperwork for work visa application! I highly recommend the Continuum Center for Health & Healing for your basic healthcare needs---it's well run, everyone who works there has a personality and treats you like a human being. I barely squeaked by on the vision test---still 20/20! The nurse who checked my height got 5'7 1/2" instead of 5'8"--which was a scary thought---have I shrunk an entire inch in the past year? That is serious osteoporosis! I checked at home by the stand next to a wall, mark with pencil, then get a measuring tape technique, and it puts me between 5'8--5'8 1/2". Shrinking was one thing---the change in BMI was a whole nother issue altogether. Anyway, one more piece of the puzzle done. D, my subletter, is getting her paperwork together and will schedule Skype interview soon. Waiting to hear from Gisborne HR with her part of visa paperwork. NZ embassy in DC tells me it takes approx 10 business days to process work visa with no glitches so, if I can submit it next week, hopefully will get it done by 1st week of January. Very surreal. I need a good holiday movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment