Friday, December 23, 2011

Visa

Got the paperwork from Gisborne on Sunday, spent Monday running from hot yoga at 8:30 to trapeze at 10:45, quick bite and haircut downtown, then passport photos, copy around 50 pieces of paper, realize that I'm missing something, run home, get paper, go to Fed Ex and get it all sent out to embassy before they closed at 9pm. Which was such a relief, as I flew out on Tuesday to visit mom and dad in NC for the rest of the week.
 
Wednesday at mom & dad's I get a message from the embassy that I am STILL missing 2 important pieces of paperwork.  One of them was easy enough to have sent in. I spent the next hour calling, emailing, and pleading with people to help me find the other and get it to this lovely man at the embassy within the next 24 hours.  Because of course, the embassy is closed for 10 days over the holidays, will reopen on Jan 3rd at which time they'll have a ton of visa applications waiting.  I know that the paperwork was faxed at the end of Wednesday, and can only hope they processed the visa yesterday or today.

When I know, you'll know.

1 comment:

  1. So glad that your visa paperwork is finally submitted and being processed!! Yayyyy for that! And I also hope you are having a great time with your family.
    xo,
    Beatrice

    ReplyDelete