Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Auckland

In Auckland for a few days last week, as there were cheap airfares on and I had several days off. Got together with L, the gal from England I met at my first trapeze class---she was visiting her brother G who lives there.  And has great tattoos, may hook me up with the artist for my next one.  We took a stand-up paddle board class (at which I was completely uncoordinated but absolutely loved, even after falling off the board not once, but twice, AND being told by the instructor that I paddle like a praying mantis (not a compliment, btw)) Thursday, Friday went by ferry to Waiheke Island for an afternoon of wine-tasting.  Bus took the group to three wineries where we sampled local vinos and got mildly buzzed.
Here's a shot of Auckland as seen from the return ferry.  It's prettier this way, believe me.
  

Next trip to Auckland I want to go up in the Sky tower (tallest place, looks like a minaret from here) and do the "Look and Leap".  No more details as my parents will read this, but if you're curious just google it.  Terrifying. When in Rome....

Work is work, adjusting slowly though I still manage to forget what and where to write it down, or tell someone something, or clean up.  50% of women coming in are high risk pregnancy one way or another, you really don't know what you're going to find waiting on the unit.  31-32 weeks, partial abruption, BP way up, crash section yesterday morning.  Good for the adrenaline rush.

Then home, where Scout was waiting to play evening catch.  No photos as it was too dark (yes we played catch by the light of a torch), so here's one from today.  What more can a girl ask for?



No comments:

Post a Comment