Saturday, March 24, 2012

Fog, figs

A few photos from the wild rain we had for 36 hours---not too descriptive as I had to wait for the wind and rain to die down before venturing outside.  Still, I love the mist and fog on the hills.




Difficult to show in a photo how haunting it is.

Less haunting, but no less exciting, is fig season.  


Next weekend, the 50th annual local dog trials.  For those familiar with the movie 'Babe', yes, that's what I'm talking about.  But in the real trials the owners can only whistle to their dogs to get them to herd and drive the sheep down a hill.  
Life in New Zealand.  Could be a lot worse.



1 comment:

  1. Hi!! I've heard you've had some pretty wild weather, not the best summer to arrive in NZ but good for the surf. Hope you're enjoying it, can't wait to see the photos of the dog trials!!

    All your photos of the koru make me home sick!!

    Tracey - the London Kiwi

    ReplyDelete